AMD ha rilasciato i nuovi driver Catalyst 14.7 Release Candidate, che aggiungono diverse migliorie in modalità Crossfire e risolvono diversi bug rilevati con l’utilizzo di alcuni monitor AOC.
Questa release di driver non sono compatibili con Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2) poiché il produttore ha interrotto il supporto.
Ecco quanto riportano la le note di rilascio:
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 14.7 RC Driver for Windows
- Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 RC driver
- AMD CrossFire™ and AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies
- Assassin’s Creed IV – improved CrossFire scaling (3840×2160 High Settings) up to 93%
- Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display.
- Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
- Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 RC Driver for Windows
- Plants vs. Zombies (Direct3D performance improvements):
- AMD Radeon R9 290X – 1920×1080 Ultra – improves up to 11%
- AMD Radeon R9 290X – 2560×1600 Ultra – improves up to 15%
- AMD Radeon R9 290X CrossFire configuration (3840×2160 Ultra) – 92% scaling
- 3DMark Sky Diver improvements:
- AMD A4-6300 – improves up to 4%
- Enables AMD Dual Graphics/AMD CrossFire support
- Grid Auto Sport:
- AMD CrossFire profile
- Power Xpress profile
- Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application
- Performance improves up to 24% at 2560×1600 on the AMD Radeon R9 and R7 Series of products for both single GPU and multi-GPU configurations.
- Watch Dogs:
- AMD CrossFire – Frame pacing improvements
- Battlefield Hardline Beta:
- AMD CrossFire profile
- Running Watch Dogs with a R9 280X CrossFire configuration may result in the application running in CrossFire software compositing mode
- Enabling Temporal SMAA in a CrossFire configuration when playing Watch Dogs will result in flickering
- AMD CrossFire™ configurations with AMD Eyefinity enabled will see instability with BattleField 4 or Thief when running Mantle
- Catalyst™ Install Manager text is covered by Express/Custom radio button text
- Express Uninstall does not remove C:\Program Files\(AMD or ATI) folder